Wednesday 20 May 2015

#DumsorMustStop: "Sarkodie told us he had plans of travelling long ago" - Yvonne Nelson speaks

Ghanaian Movie actress and producer Yvonne Nelson has broken her silence on the reason for Sarkodie's absence. 

Speaking to Pulse.com.gh's Albert Buabeng, Yvonne said," Sarkodie has being part of this right from the beginning but he told us he had plans of travelling and he can't change his plans because he has planned it a long time ago. He had his tickets and everything. He actually did a good job; he recorded a song "Dumsor" to support the campaign. Shoutouts to Sarkodie, good job"

Many have critise the Ghanaian musician and currently BET International Act - Africa nominee for abandoning his friends on the campaign when it mattered most after he was not present during the vigil held over the week as planned by organisers.

Yvonne Nelson in the same interview revealled that, the #DumsorMustStop all started with just a single tweet.

"I remember it was 12 mid-night, l was sweating in my bed. I could not sleep. I went to my kitchen to get a mango and l sat on my bed. I couldn't sleep so was forcing myself to sleep but it wasn't happening. I went for my phone and went to twitter. The tweeted #DumsorMustStop. I manage to sleep off and l woke up the next morning and l realize, it was trending".

Today, when history is written, Yvonne Nelson would be remember for the impact she has created with her celebrity status. Many participants of the vigil, referred to her as the Yaa Asantewaa of today.
Yaa Asantewaa in the history of Ghana was a Queenmother of Ejusu and she lead her men to war against the British in the days of colonial masters.

Yvonne referencing the name said she is humbled to be called Yaa Asantewaa after a successful vigil which suffered many setbacks from some entertainers, Traditional Authorities and politicians in the country.

Yaa Asantewaa is a huge name. And it’s really humbling that anyone would call me Yaa Asantewaa. As a matter of fact, I love it. I’m gonna put it in there. Yvonne Yaa Asantewaa Nelson.”



About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured

most popular