Tuesday 7 April 2015

and DJ BREEZY WEPT

DJ Breezy at the Industry AwardsDj Breezy could not believe his ears when his name was called as the PRODUCER OF THE YEAR category for this year's Vodafone Ghana Music Awards 2015.

He walked onto the stage still in disbelieve and after he received the award and ask to say something, he began to weep.
"I still can't believe this is happening to me. I can't believe this. From sleeping in studios on empty stomach and sometimes without lights and all l want to do is to produce music for people. I still can't believe it" said Dj Breezy in tears.

He won the category with the production he did for the missing and yet to be found Castro's popular song, "SEIHOR".

Dj Breezy has already bagged an award at the Ghana Dj Awards earlier this year. He is the personal producer for D-Black's Black Avenue Music.

Speaking to STUDIO360gh after receiving the award, Dj Breezy expressed his love for music which has being the force behind him going through ups and downs to be able to get to where he is today. Asked why he wept, he claims to have suffered alot in trying to produce beats for musicians.

"I have gone through alot in life to becoming a sound engineer. I have slept in the studios on many occasions and at times on empty stomach. I had no money but l still had to learn the hard way. Coming from my village without lights and still wanted to do music, l had to leave and join my mum in tema. So you see why l was crying? I have really come far and I really thank D-Black, Sammy Blacc, Francis and everyone who have shown me soo much love and support. I thank all of them and the team at Black Avenue Music."

As if the interview wasn't enough, DJ Breezy took to his facebook account to registered his hustle and success story to the world.

DJ Breezy: I slept in studios & on empty stomach – Producer of the Year tells his story

Below is his post:

‪#‎ToGodBeTheGory‬
Whats written is written !
It doesn’t matter where u were born or the obstacles. If God says yes, u will surely be at where he wants u to be it all started when I was a kid,wanted to be a dj and a producer. But unfortunately for me, I was born on a land of no ‪#‎Electricity‬ so I’ve to hustle my way out of my Village (Amlakpo – Ada) to the city to do what I wanted to do.Came to tema to be with ma mum, to be able to have the chance to learn my Dj Work and Music production.

Breezy
 
At that time, I don’t even know where to start, or who to see … It was really hard for me by then. Cos even computer to even start something, I don’t have .. The money to get it too I don’t have …so decided to put this all aside first and hustle for some money to get myself a computer to start. Fortunately for me my uncle is selling used electronics Goods at tema community one. So I worked with him for a whole year to get some money and get computer to start my music career and that’s the computer in the setup that’s not all but now wanted the world to hear about me, but don’t know where or who to go to.

Registered on Facebook to ask Djs and producers for help.
Unfortunately,none is ready to help but later on ,came across a guy, that I talked to him about what I wanted to do if he can help me.So he asked me to send some of the recordings I’ve done in the house .. Did that and he was like woooow u did all this in ya bedroom ? So it was from there and he said u know what, we starting work by tomorrow..

That day, I couldn’t sleep was just waiting for day to break and this guy called @sammieblacc we hustled from studio to studio where I’ve to move from tema to Accra to be sleeping in studios from Circle to Dansoman to north Kaneshie. @iamedemgh is a witness. It wasn’t easy at all, the sleepless nights, empty stomach, accidents and a whole lot.
But if God says YES no one can say No ! It was later on wen Sammy working on @dblackgh Album and wanted me to mix some tracks on the album,and since then, I’ve started working with DBlack and I’m here getting Em awards thx to God ,My team, ‪#‎Bam‬ all my fansGod bless us all…we getting it next year too#Godisthereason


 

About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured

most popular