Thursday 16 April 2015

I won’t act for money; I would have done 20 to 30 movies - Becca

Award winning Ghanaian singer, Rebecca Acheampong, known on stage as Becca, has shared her experience on set for Yvonne Nelson's new movie "IF TOMORROW NEVER COMES".

The singer shared her thoughts and experience in an interview with Doreen Avio on Hitz FM a local station in Accra, Ghana.

Becca indicated in her remarks that money would never be the only reason for her to join the Ghana movie industry. Becca said,
 
“When it involves money and the role is good, then I will do it because in doing all these things I also look at the brand that I have.”

The multi award musician was answering a question on whether she is going to accept any movie roles due to the huge money involved.

The "African woman" hit maker indicated that movie roles are not always about money and for that reason, she has already turned down many proposals from many movie producers.

“If I’m going to pay attention to money, I would l have done about 20 to 30 movies by now,” she added.

Giving her reason for accepting a role in Yvonne Nelson’s movie ‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’, Becca said “I’m not a movie star just get it right, I just did it because the character was amazing, and it was different from all the other movies I have seen in Ghana and even in Nigeria.”

‘If Tomorrow Never Comes’ is a real life touching story which was inspired by a little boy who was born with a cerebral problem and was unable to walk or speak and was produced by Yvonne Nelson's YN Productions and directed by Pascal Amanfo.

Becca in the interview share how excited she was about the whole production works especially on location.
 “It was fantastic, there were places I had never been before, village settings where there was no light, very thick forest, you meet different people even the journey to the place was just simply amazing.”
“It gave me a whole idea of the way other people live, apart from the way we live, we have it very easy, so as much as I was shooting a movie, there were a lot of lessons learned as well. I have no regret at all playing this role,” she explained.

"IF TOMMORROW NEVER COMES" is set to be premiered on the 5th June at the Accra and WestHills Malls.
About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured

most popular