Thursday 23 July 2015

I’m still paying Leila Djansi’s debt – Akorfa Edjeani


Skilled and celebrated actress, Akorfa Edjeani, has revealed she is still paying for the Leila Djansi movie she produced.

I Sing of a Well, a 2009 Ghanaian film directed by the Hollywood documentary filmmaker starred Jimmy Jean-Louis, JOT Agyeman and Freeman Ekow and Akorfa Edjeani herself.

Both Akorfa and Leila who worked hand-in-hand on making the movie an award-winning piece fell out in a major celebrity feud after their project.

Akorfa who is on record to have said she would never work with the award-winning filmmaker again, told Bola Ray on Starr Chat, Wednesday her stance was taken out of guardedness.

“I am not picking issues with her," she said. “The kind of insults and the kind of things she wrote to me and I never responded I were to talk about them.”

According to her, Leila had been ungrateful and refused to acknowledge her commitment to the movie project.

“I produced it and so I paid for pre-production and production. She was supposed to pay for post-production. But she never did.

“But you know she lives in LA now and comes every once a while. So she left town, sent me a message, saying I was supposed to be her investor and that she wrote the script and I had to pay her".

Edjeani said the movie cost her about GHC 100, 000 to produce and she has still not finished paying.

“I’m still paying you know,” she confided in Bola Ray. “I'm still left with a little over GHC25, 000 to pay.”

As far as the soured relationship goes, the Expectations star said it was all “a good lesson” for her.

Akorfa was, however, full of praise for Miss Djansi's talent.

I sing of a well swept three awards at the Africa Movie Academy Awards a year after it was released.

Watch trailer below:


 Source: Ghana/StarrFMonline.com/103.5FM
About Unknown

Pellentesque penatibus, sed rutrum viverra quisque pede, mauris commodo sodales enim porttitor. Magna convallis mi mollis, neque nostra mi vel volutpat lacinia, vitae blandit est, bibendum vel ut. Congue ultricies, libero velit amet magna erat. Orci in, eleifend venenatis lacus.

You Might Also Like

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Featured

most popular